- This event has passed.
MotorCities National Heritage Area 2017 grant training workshop
July 12, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
This workshop is open to Michigan based non-profits, government entities and educational institutions
The session will review the grant application and all related procedures, but here are a few preliminary notes.
- Grant proposals must be related to preserving and promoting our rich automotive and labor heritage through education, preservation or heritage tourism related projects.
- Grants are reimbursement based and can fund up to 20% of the total expense of a project.
- Grants cannot fund individual endeavors, for-profit enterprises, fundraising, lobbying, food & beverage or general promotion of an event, conferences, etc.
- Applicants must be members of MotorCities National Heritage Area.
- Projects under consideration should be scheduled to occur between 10/1/17 and 9/30/18.
- Grant applications are now available and will be accepted July 1-October 1 at www.motorcities.org/grants