Michigan Preservation Jobs
MHPN is pleased to offer the ability for Michigan employers to post openings with their firm for permanent, temporary, or project specific positions on Michigan Preservation Jobs. Below are two versions of job posting forms, please legibly complete a form in its entirety and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postings will remain a maximum of 3 months for members of MHPN and a maximum of 1 month for non-members. Please check here for information on MHPN membership.
Vicksburg Historical Society and Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center
300 N.Richardson, Vicksburg MI 49097
https://www.vicksburghistory.org/ and https://vicksburgarts.com
https://www.facebook.com/vicksburghistory/ and https://www.facebook.com/VicksburgCulturalArtsCenter/
Start date: April 1, 2019
The Director is the key management leader of the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center and Vicksburg Historical Society. The Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organizations. The Director will support the Vicksburg Historical Society’s operations through a contract administered by the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center. The position reports directly to the Boards of Directors of the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center and the Vicksburg Historical Society.
1) Board Governance: Works with Boards to fulfill the organizations’ missions.
• Responsible for leading the organizations in a manner that supports and guides the organizations’ missions as defined by the Boards of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Boards and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organizations.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Boards and staff to ensure that the missions are fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organizations’ missions
• Participates in strategic planning to ensure that the organizations can successfully fulfill their missions into the future
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organizations are appropriate.
• Responsible for effective administration of operations
• A bachelor’s degree preferred
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis,
decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of the organizations’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
Specific Job Responsibilities
a. Execute day-to-day operations including annual budget
b. Recruit, schedule and supervise volunteers
c. Recruit and maintain members for membership programs
d. Assure publication and distribution of quarterly newsletter
e. Assure marketing and publicity of programs and events
f. Identify and assist with the development and funding of projects including assisting in potential grant(s) identification and other funding sources
g. Attend committee and Board meetings
h. Prepare reports as required
1 year nonprofit experince; preferred leadership experience in nonprofit environment. Salary range: $32,000 – $35,000.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Check back again!
- This information is published as a resource for those seeking employment in the fields of historic preservation, preservation architecture, archaeology, museum services, and related areas. Listing on this page does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by MHPN. Anyone seeking additional information on an individual property is urged to follow up with the employment poster.