HISTORIC PRESERVATION AWARDS
Accepting Nominations for 2024 Michigan Historic Preservation Awards
Each year at the Annual Preservation Conference we recognize outstanding contributions to historic preservation in the State of Michigan by projects, individuals, and organizations. We welcome your nominations in seven categories: Building, Tax Credit, Cultural Landscape, Preservation Gem, Citizen, Community, and Government/Institution.
How to nominate:
- Download the nomination form.
- Review the nomination categories, requirements, and additional information on pages 1-3 of the nomination form.
- Complete the nomination form on pages 4-5 including all required information. A checklist of materials is provided on the final page of the nomination form for your convenience.
- Upload the completed nomination form, description text, photographs, and optional supporting documents.
- There is no fee to submit a nomination.
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties during the nomination process, please contact Awards Coordinator Ruth Mills (contact information provided in the nomination form).
The MHPN Awards Jury will meet in February to review the nominations. Submissions are evaluated using the criteria listed in the nomination form. Applicants will be contacted in early March and successful nominees will be provided with further information about their award and details of the ceremony and presentation.
On the evening of Friday, May 10, 2024, join the MHPN in Kalamazoo to celebrate the best of historic preservation in Michigan at the festive awards ceremony during the Annual Preservation Conference. Gather with colleagues, friends, and fellow award winners for drinks and hors d’oeuvres, followed by the ceremony. We also invite you to stay for the entire conference! Watch this website or follow us on social media for more information.
Awarded to an outstanding building preservation project completed within the past three years. The project may be restoration or rehabilitation, must include exterior rehabilitation work and may also involve interior work.