MHPN VENDOR SHOWCASE
The State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) evaluates, protects and promotes Michigan’s historic built environment and archaeological sites. This is achieved by helping property owners, developers and local and state agencies identify and seize opportunities to celebrate and rehabilitate historic places that define local communities and make our state uniquely Michigan. SHPO provides programs and services to encourage the preservation of, and investment in, historic places across the state.
The SHPO administers the following programs in Michigan:
- Nominating properties to the National Register of Historic Places
- Managing Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- Coordinating the Certified Local Government (CLG) partnership program
- Administering Certified Local Government and Michigan Lighthouse Assistance Program annual grant opportunities
- Environmental Review/Section 106 Review of projects with federal funding, permitting, or licensing